vendredi 31 octobre 2014

Fire on a project… why don’t you inform your client? … I have no time !


This story has been related to me by the boss of a customer service in an important project board.

One of his client called him shouting “there is a technical problem on your platform which obstructs all our transactions, and your project manager never calls me to keep me in touch!!!”

The customer service boss says to the project manager:

“Why don’t you never inform him?”

The project manager, angry:

“the client has nerve : I have no time! Moreover, ask him to not call me every 5 seconds … when I answer him, I cannot fix the problem”

Debrief: a World structurally inconsistent with the client expectations

The greatness in this company project managers’ World is not to satisfy the client but to fix the problem. Especially when it is complex and technical. In this World, project managers do not even understand why the client is not satisfied.

In other words, the recognition is not given by the client but by their colleagues to whom they could say “It took me a while but I finally got it, the protocol G56.3V8 blocked everything”.

The recommendation:

It is useless to show a nice PowerPoint presentation explaining why the client is not satisfied.

The solution (if the problem is collective and regular) is to help the team to change their World.

…Without losing the strength of the current World translated by the unlimited commitment to solve the problems.


Bruno Jourdan

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire